Thursday, May 10, 2018

In the Garden

Time to tour the yard again.

Porcelain poppies and pods.


 Rhodie Unique Marmalade. One of the three I relocated last fall because they were suffering from mildew. Looks like I found a good spot for them. They are all growing happily.


Rhodie Unique. Opens pretty pink and cream, then turns white. 


Tomatoes, herbs, fennel, kohlrabi and cipollini onions in the greenhouse.


The purple trillium will open soon. I was delighted to find a second growing along side it, hidden by the fern frond in this picture. Beautiful heart shaped epimedium leaves fill the upper left corner. I've been collecting various epimediums with different color flowers and leaf shapes to grow with the hellebores on the shaded north side of the house. I love the combination.


Purple alliums growing with lupine, iris, columbine, etc.


I planted three different mini bearded iris last fall. One was trampled by the ducks. I hope it will have a better chance next year. The one blooming now is just an inch or two wide and very delicate. The third one is pearly pink with purple beards but bloomed earlier and I didn't get a photo.


A new rhodie we just planted, Anna Rose Whitney. This is supposed to grow up to a foot a year with flowers that are huge and showy, eventually reaching seven to eight feet tall.


One last thing of color. This is my new peacock colored hair! 



Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...