Monday, May 21, 2018

More of my favorite things

I'm good enough to be doing duck duty again and finding four blue surprises every morning.


Bob spoiled the girls a bit while I was out of commission. They crowd into the shed as I get their dinner pellets, surrounding me and loudly demanding a handful then and there. They do rule the yard.


Really, this is a BIG peony! That's my hand supporting it. 


Wowed by this. Unique Marmalade with brilliant green new growth. 


A new iris blooming.


I've discovered cistus grows fabulously in my dry, sandy soil so I'm planting lots of them. Hot pink, pink with crimson spots, white. They are happy in the far corners of our property and liven up the bleak areas with color in the hottest weather.



Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...