Sunday, July 19, 2020

Garden Plans

It's landscape planning time for the rental house. I need to keep it simple. Low maintenance. Deer proof outside the fenced area. I've ordered one peony and yesterday went to Desert Northwest to get some manzanita and a Leptospermum namadgiensis. Leptospermum is a magnificent shrub and there is a perfect spot for it in the retaining wall bed we just put in.

This is my Leptospermum. With Hattie.


And solo. It looks like a sprawling monster here, but is elegant in person. This species was discovered growing in the Australian Alps of Namadji National Park in 1988. It has only been found on two mountains and the ridge between them and is still rare in garden use. Bushfires recently ravaged 80% of the park so my plants will be treated especially well, doing my part to help preserve the species from the other end of the world.


Tiny flowers grow the length of gracefully arching branches.


Summer colors coming into my garden, too.


Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...