Sunday, May 3, 2020

Small Wonders

Daily morning chores: throw ball for Hattie, feed animals, do yard work.


Grass is growing tall and if the boys don't eat it down I'm not sure our mower will be able to cut it. This would be a new problem for us.


The peach mini iris opened this morning. Those electric blue beards! I have to get more of these little guys in different colors!


Epimedium might be my favorite plant, the heart shaped leaves and delicate flowers. The first one looks like sparks and embers flying from a campfire.


 I cut the foliage back in late winter so spring flowers could emerge first. This one is loaded with spider-like cascading pink flowers that stood alone for days. Then overnight a flush of leaves grew up and over them like an umbrella and the flowers are now quite hidden.


 Tissue-thin red tinged leaves on wiry stems.


Ready for my close-up.


Hellebores are blooming, too. This one is almost black with a dusting of yellow gold. 


Now I need to stop being dreamy about all the flowers and get working on sheep feet. They are  ragged. But I procrastinate because my hands and back ache just thinking about it. 😩

Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...