Wednesday, May 20, 2020

My Backyard Jungle

Morning safari through my garden jungle. Cistus blooming happily


And there are two new irises opening. This one has the funny tongue-like beards that you can see if you know where to focus.



The big poppies are showing off.


And here you get a feel for how jungle-y the garden is becoming.


Peony sequence from bud...


to cup shape...


and a fully opened bomb.


 I moved this rhodie a couple times before finding its happy spot.


More of the jungle. Sends shivers of delight down my spine.


Sheep Notes
Yesterday a small flock of starlings was sitting on Gimpy's back and head during his afternoon cud chewing siesta. He appears to enjoy their attentions. No camera with me of course, so I will have to lug one around for a while in hopes of catching another scene like that.

Bird Notes
My crow is back, nesting in nearby trees and watching my every move. I set out a little sweet mix or soft shell duck egg and she immediately swoops in to claim it. And if I forget to put something out for her when I feed the other animals she doesn't hesitate to tell me. I will work at getting a picture because her puffy legs are adorable and unique among the local crows.

Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...