Monday, February 4, 2019

Winter White

Snow fell last night. I look forward to it melting. I think the ducks would agree. They are huddled under the little madrone next to their house, close to food and water so they don't have to wade through inches of snow to get to them. One of the girls was limping, a cold foot. I spread hay under the madrone to provide insulation for their feet. For whatever reason they won't go into their straw filled house until night so that is the best I can do. Even the boys are spending the day huddled under a tree to keep out of the biting wind.


This print. It's Hattie and me (not really, but the dog does have Hattie's markings). I've been admiring it online for a long time and finally bought it. The framing cost more than twice the print but was beautifully done at a shop in Port Angeles. The colors of the photo aren't quite true, but close enough. It's the pose, a moment of silent communication before working the sheep, the connection between woman and dog very simply expressed in this picture that moves me. 


Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...