Friday, May 24, 2019

Iris Update

What a difference a day makes. All but the late blooming black iris are showing off their colors now.




I'm putting my hand in there to show just how big these tall bearded iris are. This is the iris with the odd tongue on its beard.





These yellow central petals are a detail I never noticed before. 



The boys still look forward to a chip of hay in the morning. Timmi finally succumbed to my back scratch spell and allows me to scratch him head to tail. He isn't demanding it like the others... yet... but that will come. 


Hattie is disgusted that the boys get this attention. Ball throwing is so much better.


Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...