Friday, December 8, 2017

Decorating


This is the extent of holiday decorating for us. I haven't felt like doing even this much for years. The Vit D therapy has given me a good boost in strength and energy, not that this requires much of either. But the way I had been feeling was that any movement took tremendous effort so I was pretty selective in where my energies were spent. Anyway, hooray for feeling better. I made these stockings so many years ago I can't remember when. Almost forty years I think. It's amazing that they are in such good condition. Jason used to play with the soldier Santa holds in his hand. 




Surprise! The porcelain paper clay flowers didn't melt or deform in the glaze firing, and the underglaze colors turned out well. Now I can start doing more expressive work with some confidence that all won't necessarily be lost. 


We are remodeling the garage to move my studio inside, having a wall built to close off what has been my glazing bay. I've been sharing the area with the John Deere and other gardening equipment - which means I can't keep the dirt out and have to maneuver around all the equipment to work. Then there is the disgusting collection of flies, wasps, spiders and other insects that live and die on the window sills and who-knows-where-else in both studio areas that give me the creeps to work around. So all the gardening stuff will be moved to the shed and my wheel and stuff in the shed will come in to the garage to the enclosed bay. I will post pictures when construction begins.

Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...