Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Countdown to surgery

I am disappointed to tell that I am not able to get gel injections in my knees. My primary care X-rays didn't show the full picture. I have patellarfemoral arthritis and there is no cartilage under my kneecaps. The hyaluronic gel and a few other treatments require some space between bones but I have none. It's bone on bone. I got a cortisone shot in one knee and will try physical therapy to strengthen my quadriceps, but the orthopedic doctor made it pretty clear knee replacements will be needed. Dang. I was hoping to avoid that. But he assured me he could get me back to hiking again. I go back in three months to see how things are doing.

Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...