Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Cuteness to start the day

Shoveling shit in the pen this morning this made me put down the shovel and run for the camera.


A sparrow, I guess. Little thing clung to his wool while Gimpy pondered what was hanging on his back and what to do about it. Eventually he just went back to eating, the bird dropped off and hopped around on the ground avoiding the hooves of the curious sheep before flying off. So cute.


I made a few more poppies before it dawned on me that this is porcelain paper clay and may react like porcelain in the glaze fire. Doh! I'm going to finish firing these before committing to making more in case they warp and end up little more than a mess in the kiln. Wish me luck.



Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...