Monday, May 22, 2017

Growing fast

Sunny days are here again and the plants are digging it. The roses in front of the house are huge. I am always amazed that the spindly little sticks I plant become so big so fast. These are full of buds that will be opening soon.



The Tag and Hoop memorial garden is lush. This rosa rugosa was first to bloom, purple alliums float above it, and blue irises are forming nice buds on tall stems in the background. Hattie is in the shade on the left.



First iris of the season. This is considered red but looks purple with an orange beard to me. Beautiful whatever you want to call it.



The greenhouse below. Bob's hot peppers are in the ground (left front) and tomatoes are flowering already. We ate the first kohlrabi yesterday and have been harvesting salad greens from the outdoor bed for a couple of weeks.



The sheep are lounging in the sun while the ducks are running around under the sprinklers. I have another black eye so I'm keeping a low profile at home. Got hit by a chunk of wood while weed whacking. It flew under my glasses and hit my lower eyelid. I guess it's better to get a black eye than to break expensive prescription glasses, but seems like I've been taking a real beating lately.

Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...