Friday, June 12, 2020

The Rain has Won

A bouquet of Red Charm's huge flowers flopped right over the supports. I had no choice but to put them in a vase. Next year I will get taller and sturdier supports, but I am secretly enjoying these blooms just as much indoors as out.

 
I'm suddenly getting many compliments on my garden and I haven't even paid out any bribes. The flower show was spectacular while it lasted. More rain today looking to cause trouble though.


 I finally broke down and ordered a Bartzella ITOH peony to plant this fall. I don't like to spend that much on one flower but it will be dedicated to Tux. With huge yellow flowers it will look good surrounded by the deep red plants in the Japanese maple bed.


And so the rain strikes again. A waterlogged Princess Victoria Louise Oriental poppy. This is the wettest June since we've moved here.


Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...