Saturday, January 12, 2019

Red Gold on Desert Gold

Red Gold glaze turned out to be a happy match for the Desert Gold clay. It's an unpredictable glaze as it looks more like honey when used on some porcelain pieces from previous firings. This small vase has an addition of Oasis on the shoulder.


Soap bowl has a dip of Red Gold on one side and Light Shino on the other. I was very disappointed with the shino on some other pieces but it works on this one.



 Mushrooms are Red Gold speckled with Oasis using a mouth blower. Got an entirely different effect than the Oasis on the vase. I don't think it shows in the photos but the Red Gold has a pleasant shimmer that I hope I can recreate on some garlic jars I'm planning. Glazing is always a surprise, and in my experience, often disappointing. 


The boys are spending the day in the front pen for a change of view. I'm sure they get bored in the back. 


Hattie is always happy to move them. Wish we had about twenty more acres. I'm trying to walk the sheep around the neighborhood more as weather allows. 


Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...