Thursday, January 17, 2019

Happy Accident

I was disappointed with the glaze on these cups and was going to toss them in the Bad Bin. It's Crazed Copper outside with Oatmeal liner inside on Desert Gold clay. The glazes are too thin and it all looked sort of blah grayish... until I put them on the Seafoam Granite laundry room counter. It was a Eureka moment. The colors are wonderfully matched. So, the cups have a place and will not be smashed after all. I love these kinds of surprises. However, I am going to have to set my firing temperature a cone lower next time, especially for the bisque, because everything was just a bit too vitrified for the glaze to stick well and I'd rather not have to rely on happy accidents like this. It's the first time I've used this clay and am feeling sort of love/hate for it. 


Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...