Friday, June 8, 2018

Yard changes

The fence posts for the new yard addition are in the ground. It took two days with a post hole digger and pouring concrete by hand. Lucky we were able to hire help for this part of the job or Bob would be laid up now. The supporting pieces will come off as the concrete dries, then the fencing will go up. Bob is working on his own from this point so it's going to take a while before we open up the yard.


The boys were happy to see me this morning but I was a disappointment having no treats. Boots has little horn buds, I think they are called scurs, that bleed badly when he butts heads. One of them popped entirely off and made a mess on his face. Bob found it when he was cleaning the pen and brought me what he thought was a mysterious piece of poop. I'm hoping the troublesome thing won't grow back.


This is the madrone I planted two years ago. It was just a stick with a few leaves then. They don't transplant easily so this is a victory so far.


A new iris opened yesterday and it's a beauty! 


The Siletz tomato is loaded with fruit. I've seen comments that they aren't great tasting so I'm hoping for the best. My other varieties are flowering but they are slower growing and have no fruit yet.


Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...