Saturday, January 20, 2018

Meet the Sheep

I've been setting up the new computer, transferring files, trying out new software, dealing with a bazillion passwords that have to be entered in a new password manager. Not all Windows things play nice with Mac things so it's taking way too much of my time, but here I am.

So, on to the sheep.

Meet Boots. He was a problem boy right from the start, standoffish and skittish, the one who got very sick and required an antibiotic shot weeks after moving in. Turns out he is a clever boy, the one that opened the gate and let the others into the back yard. And now he has learned to open the duck house door. The duck house adjoins the sheep pen. When I'm cleaning, Boots manipulates the little latch on the door with his lips and works it open. Then I'm dealing with sheep popping their heads in looking for food. I hope they don't like eggs! This week was a breakthrough as he began coming in close while I give the other boys scritches, even allowing me to gently scratch his chin. He's quite bold with Hattie though, sniffing her ears, a real dare devil at times.



Stomper, Boots and Gimpy

I'm using new photo editing software so hope the pictures are not too awful.

Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...