Monday, November 13, 2017

Stormy Days

What is there to do when it's too miserable to spend time outdoors?


My fair weather sheep shear grass in the yard when the rain subsides then run back to the barn when it starts to fall.


I'm not into eating grass like the sheep, but I made cannabis butter. After cooking last years buds in butter for hours and hours the mixture was ready to pour into the red silicone mat I make dog treats in. It makes perfect serving sized pieces to keep in the freezer. This was a great idea, even if I do say so myself. Much better than pouring it all into a single container and chipping off frozen chunks. 


I ran a bisque firing, too. Finally. I couldn't put it off any longer. Now there is glazing to do, my least favorite chore. I won't bother to go over what's here. I'll save that for whatever survives the glaze firing. My clays here are porcelain, porcelain paper clay, and a stoneware with iron. A few of the porcelain pieces cracked so I've patched them with some stuff that was recommended by other potters. We'll see how it works. Porcelain is so fussy.









Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...