Thursday, November 9, 2017

Coolaroo Door

The Coolaroo fabric arrived and we finished the gate/door. Gimpy had to inspect our work then nibbled on the little clips holding the fabric on. So this is a nice windbreak. I hope it will survive the horrendous windstorms we can get. Last night we had a doozy that had me running around securing or removing tarps and anything loose. It was so bad my glasses were being blown off my face. This morning I found all the neighbor's walnut leaves piled in drifts under all my plants and had to spend a few hours cleaning that up. Walnuts produce a chemical in all their parts, juglone, that is toxic to many plants or can stunt their growth. That is the last thing I need in my garden with our poor soil. 



Here are the paw imprints of Tag and Hoopie in the Memorial Garden. We found the footprint rocks somewhere on our walks around Sequim. Leaving painted rocks hidden in places for people to collect is a sweet tradition. The footprints were perfect to place with the paw prints since the dogs and I spent so much time hiking together.


Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...