Saturday, February 4, 2017

Crazy Dog Lady

I've officially joined the ranks of crazy dog ladies, closely related to crazy horse ladies. I put a down payment on five yearling Katahdin wethers and have two months to get fencing up, loafing shed built,  feeders, etc. The chocolate and spotted boys in the photo are mine along with three whites. Hattie will be in charge of their daily routine, adding to her duck responsibilities. She'll be a happy dog. Is there anything I won't do for my border collie? I had a choice between these Katahdins or Black-bellied Barbados, two breeds of hair sheep. The Kats have dog experience and are less skittish than Barbs, so the Kats won out. We are looking forward to bringing these boys home.

Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...