Monday, November 14, 2016

Fungus Among Us

Well, other than being consumed with the horrors of life under a Trump administration, things are  kind of boring with Bob and Tux away. Finding this bird's nest fungus growing in the garden was pretty exciting. They are tiny!



Coyotes brought down a deer in the back field two nights ago and finished it off last night. Crows have been dropping pieces of flesh all around that I suppose the dogs will find. Somehow I slept through all of it. Nothing I could have done about it anyway. It was sad yesterday to see a companion deer (sibling? offspring? mother?) cautiously make her way to the mangled carcass to see what happened. Do animals mourn? I'm sure of it.

And here is my sweet Hattie, always armed with something to keep me occupied.


Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...