Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Special Burros and Dog Diaries: Tux

TUX: Terbinafine

I'm changing the delivery method of Tux's Terbinafine to save money. It was a bit of a shock to get a bill for $45 for six teaspoons of liquid with less than $1 worth of Terbinafine in it, and I don't want to pay that again. It required persistence but I got a prescription to buy the meds from a local pharmacy at $4 for 30 tablets (a six month supply!) giving me a savings of $266 for that time period. The tablets have to be crushed and divided six ways but I'm pretty sure I can handle that. It's not rocket science. They aren't happy with me at the vet's office but we're spending way too much on meds and specialty foods for the three dogs as it is. They'll have to get over it.

Burros

It was love at first sight when I saw this little burro. I adore the unusual coloring. Mom is very red compared to most of the burros and her little one is black from the front legs forward and reddish brown towards the back, a sharp dividing line looks almost like a red blanket on its back. Really striking. If only I could keep this one! They wanted nothing to do with me so it was difficult to get close enough to snap good pics.

Red mom, black & red baby, and normal color burro
Mom and baby
Black head and front legs, red to the rear.




Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...