Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Dog Diaries: Valley Fever and Food Fussiness

A couple of new things going on that concern me. 

Tux had been eating enthusiastically, lining up with the other dogs while I prepared their meals. For the last few weeks she's gone back to waiting on the sofa or her bed until I call her, then three days ago she didn't want to eat breakfast at all. Yesterday I separated the components to see if it was one thing in particular she didn't want. All she ate was the canned food, no egg or dry food. Dinner last night was chicken, canned food, rice and dry. She finally ate it all, but not with her previous vigor. This morning I offered chicken and ground beef with Cream of Wheat which she ate, but only after I brought it to her. Additionally, she was reluctant to eat the Tramadol/liverwurst pill this morning which she had been greedily gobbling down. 

At about the same time the food fussiness started the sores on her leg were revving up, so I'm wondering if there is a connection. This food fussiness is not a good sign if you recall how she stopped eating entirely last year. I'm keeping fingers crossed this isn't a failure of the two medications allowing the fungus to multiply. Could our luck possibly be that bad? She seems to be feeling well otherwise and maintaining weight for now, so I'm just keeping track of progress. 

Sometimes I feel like I'm in a struggle with death over this dog that is goddamned hopeless. 




Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...