Sunday, July 13, 2014

Clay and dog update

 It's been really hot and there is no cooling in the studio, but I still try to spend a few hours every day doing something. I broke down and bought a hand roller for texture. Used it to make the texture on the mugs in the top photo and added a handle style I learned from a Bill VanGilder video. I like it. The mug in the bottom photo has the VanGilder handle turned upside down. My pulled handles are still clunky and usually too big for mugs when all is said and done so these are a neat option.



Tux: 
The new meds are pretty hard on the poor dog. She developed diarrhea the first day and started vomiting after four days so I reduced the dosage to 150mg a day. This is the second day at the lower dose and she's doing pretty well. No vomiting, thank goodness. She's finally back to eating properly and I don't want anything to mess that up. In fact, I cut back the Tramadol to 50mg 3x/day and have eliminated the Mirtazapine entirely. (Mirt. was for appetite and nausea.) The Itraconazole is going to be hard on her and all the drug interactions worried me so I'm hoping what we've got going now will work. 

Tag:
Going on 14 years this October and still my cutie. He could use an anti-inflammatory for his stiff joints but I'd rather not go there. He gets Tramadol for pain instead.

Hoop:
Eating her K/D food as long as a little liverwurst is mixed in. Better to eat a little bad stuff than nothing at all. Still giving her Tramadol for arthritis pain, too.

Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...