Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Long awaited clay projects


It's that time of year. 


The gulls are back. 😣 



I finally fired up the kiln and finished this fish project. I think they'll look cool on the wall at the rental.


These are glaze color samples on two clay types.


Chip and dip bowl. I hope to be making a gazillion jars of currant pepper jelly this summer and it is to die for with cream cheese and crackers.


Bob's first hand built project, an apple. We went with a wash of red underglaze, sponged on some yellow and finished off with clear satin glaze. Leaves are avocado satin glaze. The clay is Idaho Buff with manganese for the dark speckling. Looks good enough to eat!


And the orchid pots with repotted orchids. This time they fit the pots with room to grow. The fire ran hot and the glazes ran like crazy but I was able to salvage them for my own use and they look fine. I'll be chipping the glaze runs off the kiln shelf for days without a grinder though.


Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...