Saturday, March 28, 2020

And yet we live

There is work to be done in the garden again. I found old packets of bean seeds in the garage and the greenhouse soil is warm, so they have been put in ground and given a chance to grow. There will not be any shopping for starts this year so more seeds are in the mail from Baker Creek. I'd rather not bother growing from seed but you do what you have to do.


Bulbs are bringing some cheer now.


With no n95 masks to be found I have gotten creative and begun to make my own. Here's my first. Not the best thing, but better than nothing if I get sick or need to go out. And Bob can use them as allergy masks. Hundreds of people have been tested for the virus but only five confirmed infected at this time in Clallam County. Most of us oldsters are doing a pretty good job of self isolating I think, although the runs on toilet paper, rice and beans are like people are shopping for the apocalypse.
 

Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...