Sunday, July 7, 2019

The Jungle in My Yard

Work on the rental is consuming my garden time so things are getting pretty wild. Today is dedicated to weeding here (tomorrow I weed at the rental), watering and starting currant jelly. The currant bushes are loaded with ripe berries. More than I need, for sure. So I'm making a hot currant jelly with jalapeno first. Next batch will be regular jelly, sweet and tart.


Here's our old gal who is feeling much better with a new pain medication. She has consented to a photo as long as she doesn't have to watch.


The greenhouse jungle...


The veggie jungle is in here somewhere behind the climbing rose. The strawberry tower to the right of the rose was a success. And raspberries on the far right are beyond control.


The ducks have been pruning the blueberries so out came the covers. They've been reaching over the raised beds to eat my veggies and devoured half my Oriental poppies before I could block them off. This is the first time they've been so destructive around the yard. Maybe there is a shortage of insects.


 The boys spend most of their time in the shade of the barn. The overhang we built was a big hit with them.


Now that the spring peonies and rhododendrons are done it's time for the summer flower show.











Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...