Saturday, July 14, 2018

Misc.

The Irises have been keeping me busy digging and dividing. I put some out by the mailbox this morning, free for the taking, and they disappeared by noon. I'll put the rest out tomorrow then give my back a rest. It's a bit of work but they were encroaching on the peonies and I wanted to rearrange things anyway. I've ordered three new white peonies to plant this fall and needed room for them where the irises are. Of course this means I need another planting bed so today Bob and I decided on an area to be cleared in the new yard. We're going to be moving some of the starter maples that are kind of in the way of mowing right now, and shrubs that aren't doing well in their current spots to the new location, along with some of the divided irises. Bob seems happy to have jobs to keep him busy and I'm more than happy to find them.

The thing below was a delight to find. It's a bird's nest built with wool from the sheep! It's tilted a bit, maybe from the wind or branch movement but what a cozy little structure for baby birds.



The boys were resting in the shade comfortably and I wanted a picture of them, but as soon as I appeared they came looking for treats. 


Whatcha got, lady? This last week they had their hooves trimmed so are looking good, though very dirty. 


Hattie has a new glow in the dark ball. I thought it would be easier to find when she drops it and forgets where it is, but so far it hasn't made much of a difference. She loses it for a few days then finds it and feels pretty proud of herself. Silly dog.


Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...