Monday, July 23, 2018

Iris Duty

Did I plant the iris three years ago, or four? They've  multiplied and overgrown the area, encroaching on the peonies so it's time for them to go. The last two weekends have been dedicated to digging and dividing them and putting out what I don't want for the neighbors to take. Lucky them. I put a lot of time and effort into it and they've saved a lot of money. Thank goodness I don't have to do this every year. The clumps must have weighed forty pounds. I needed Bob to pull these out after I loosened them from the soil. I'll be replacing them with white peonies this fall, though I did save some rhizomes for myself and have been planting them here and there around the yard.

Last batch of irises, behind the fig tree, to remove.

After removal. Looks very neat.

I'm collecting  different yarrows. These are two new ones that I like very much. Top one is a beautiful buff yellow and below is a nice purple variety. I will have to get pictures of all of them. 



Coneflowers are finally blooming. These off-white and bright reds are my favorites. Maybe I will put together a yarrow/coneflower photo show.



Hostas are blooming, too. Happy happy.





Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...