Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Currant Jelly

Well, I got 3.5 half pint jars of jelly out of all those currants. The juice from the berries was thick  - I expected something thinner, more watery, and the jelly seems a bit heavy and sticky after cooking it to sheeting point. This was my first attempt at determining cooking stage by the way the solution sheets off a spoon and I may have overdone it a bit. The half jar I opened wasn't completely cooled so it might be different tomorrow. It definitely tastes like currants and looks pretty enough. Just not the way I expected. Maybe I'll try again next year since most of this year's berries have been picked.

Or maybe not.


Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...