Sunday, December 6, 2015

House training

Day one house training went well. We have blocked off the room Hattie was soiling (with my expensive Tibetan wool rug no less) and she has to be with one of us at all times when in the house. She tends to stay at my side anyway, but I keep doors closed when we are in a room that has them. After dinner when I sit down to watch some TV I keep her on the leash. She's happy playing with toys on a bed next to my chair or wandering over to Bob for attention. This way we can watch for any sign of needing to go. Last night she went to Bob and gave him one of those looks, so he took her out and she did the full business. Lots of praise then.  As a precaution we take a last trip outdoors just before going to bed, then she spends the night in the bedroom with us, door closed. First thing on waking I take her outside. This morning she did her business first thing and got lots of praise. We are keeping a close eye on her all the time just to determine her duty schedule. She's becoming much more comfortable here and I think that will help. It won't be long before she's a regular family dog.

I was delighted to see Tux initiate play with Hattie today. She has missed Tag and Hooper terribly and is very happy to have another dog around. She's aged a lot over the last year and it's nice to see her accept Hattie so readily, and even enjoy Hattie's herding her.

Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...