Sunday, March 22, 2015

Gardening

Last year I dug up all the bulbs in the front beds. At least I thought I did. The beds are still loaded with daffodils but at least now I can pick and choose where I want to leave them. I planted the dug up bulbs in front of the greenhouse and raspberry patch. In a few weeks we're going to have the irrigation water line put in and a vegetable garden area built on the south and west sides of the greenhouse.



I love Helleborus and planted a few in the shade on the north side of the house last year. This year they are blooming like crazy. These two pictures are of Pink Frost. The color is luscious.



 I found another spectacular variety at Sunny Farms that I couldn't resist. This is a sad picture of Penny's Pink with a deep purply-pink flower. The variegated leaves on this one are outstanding. I would love to fill up the north beds with different varieties of Helleborus and ferns.





Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...