Monday, March 23, 2015

Dog Diaries

The Dogs. Keeping all the meds straight is becoming a chore.

Tag: Treating him for senility issues now. He doesn't respond to his name at all. I know he can hear but it has to be a loud sharp noise, like a whistle, to get his attention. Fish oil. Sam-E. SeniLife which is phosphatidylserine and a bunch of supplements. Plus an anti-inflammatory, Novox. He has a neurological thing going on that interferes with the signals to/from his rear legs. Causes him to topple over easily. Possibly caused by the inflammation of arthritis in his spine, so we're giving him lots of stuff for that.

Tux: I switched back to Fuconazole pretty quickly. Itraconazole immediately caused irritation in her paw and a sore to appear. No more of that for her. Still giving her Terbinafine with the Fluconazole. She's down to two Tramadol a day. She was doing well then out of nowhere had a couple of nose bleeds in middle of night. We started thinking the worst, but then it occurred to me I had given her some fish oil thinking if it was good for the other dogs it must be good for her too. But fish oil is an anti-inflammatory and blood thinner! And the last time she had nose bleeds we determined it was because of the anti-inflammatory she was taking for the hip dysplasia. Stopped the fish oil and there have been no more nose bleeds. I have a call in to the AZ vet. We'll see what she thinks about that. No doubt she will recommend a ton of tests but I am going to wait a week before going that route. These vet bills, special foods and med costs are eating up all my meagre SS checks.

Hooper: Still hard of hearing but doing well. I'm giving her fish oil and Tramadol. She's still my shadow. Tag tends to follow her more than me now. Sometimes I think he doesn't really know who I am.




Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...