Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bonus Room

We painted the plywood subfloor a deep burgundy to contrast with the green walls and added a throw rug for interest. I know that dark flooring is the worst for showing dirt but I said the hell with the rules, I'm using the colors I like. Our furniture isn't the best (we don't have anything to spare from the cabin) and the rug could be three times bigger, but it helps show the possibilities for the room. A buyer might want to lay vinyl or cork or wood flooring, or just leave the plywood painted depending on the intended use. For us, there is still floor trim to install, sealing the wood around the windows. and I suppose I will tackle the stairway when I get bored.






Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...