Monday, June 11, 2012

Progress


Here is a view of the cabin and back of the garage, which Bob finished today.


These are timbers from the Alaska Rail Road that we're using to build a short retaining wall that will  support the slope at the back of the garage. Another garden spot! 


A pile of dirt and clay to be pushed over the bluff eventually. 


My future rock garden. Guess I'll work on that tomorrow. Stick a fork in me. After working out, painting my workshop, hauling these rocks, and taking a walk on "our" beach I am done for the day.


Here is a nice shot of the back of the garage in the evening light - finished! The red arrows point to the locations of the future retaining wall (right) and rock garden (left). This used to be the mud bog but is going to be some nice garden area someday. 



Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...