Monday, May 21, 2012

Will this month never end? (Pictures!)

May is taking forever to finish up its business. I think it's become frozen in time. I think I am frozen in time. Could we just see a day or two above 50 degrees?!

OK, enough of that. Here are some pictures. The metal siding came and Bob started hanging it. It's the same maroon metal as the roofing but the light is coming from behind the building and it just looks dark. Second picture with Hoopie shows it a little better. Above the siding will - someday - be board and batten siding, looking similar to the water house.



This is looking towards the area where the slope gave way. The septic system will go someplace in here and the curtain drain will run off here, and I'm lobbying for a gently sloping trail down to the lower portion of the property. Right now we can only access it from the beach.


My beautiful potted clump of quaking aspen, Hansa roses, mock orange, lilac and a few other shrubs patiently waiting to be put into the ground. Someday they will be impressively large and I hope I will be here to see that.  I should point out the moose damage on the mountain ash to the left of the aspen. There is barely enough bark that it seems to have survived. At least it's putting out leaves. There is another ash in the midground of the picture that wasn't so lucky, but it is suckering so maybe I can salvage something from the wreckage. (You can click on these pictures for larger views.)


Huge Kodiak scallops simmering gently with asparagus, red and orange peppers, and oyster mushrooms in a tomato base. Delicious on pasta! 


Tag at his favorite spot... my feet... wherever I am. What will I do without you?





Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...