Friday, December 7, 2018

Hattie's Birthday


My girl is six years old today and I must do something special for dinner tonight. Bob is in Arizona fixing up the house for the sale so it's just us girls celebrating. 

It's been too cold to spend much time playing with the sheep. My eyes water and nose runs badly when I'm out. The tip of my nose is red and raw from wiping. I'm tired of winter already and it's only just beginning.


Dan, the man who shoes horses and trims goat feet is coming tomorrow to spruce up the boys' feet. Bob's bronchitis and bulging disc have made it impossible for him to help with tipping them into the chair for so long we are finally hiring the job out. In the meantime, to help with confining and moving them for the operation we put in another gate to create a holding pen with the squeeze pen in the corner. Hattie and I have been moving them in and out the last few days so they won't worry tomorrow when the work starts. Dan says he will halter them and trim their feet standing. I can't wait to see how it goes. They struggled like mad when we did it that way but I suppose Dan knows a thing or two after thirty years experience. I'll charge up my camera battery and try to get pictures.


Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...