Sunday, October 12, 2014

Projects

We bought paint for the office and half bath, but I am procrastinating on that project. I started working on the kitchen stools the sellers left instead. They are good quality cherry but the seats are awfully stained, so we bought fabric and started recovering them. I don't know what was going on in this house before, but I'm finding the same kind of staining on the backside of the carpeting we are ripping out as you see on this stool. (It doesn't smell like urine at least.)


I had a bright idea to plant blueberries in part of the flower bed in front of the house and fill in the rest with perennials. This is a good time for planting if I can still find some. Bob has pulled all the floor trim and tack board to ready the carpet  and maple for removal. The wood flooring will be delivered next week but installation won't happen for months. We'd like to get the painting finished before the floor goes down.

Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...