Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Used Furniture Score

We spent some time in Port Angeles today where there is a nice organic foods store. I also wanted to check out a used furniture place I'd seen advertising on Craigslist. We don't want to buy new furniture after all the money we are putting out on the house, and I was picturing some sort of comfortable club chairs to put in the bay area off my kitchen. This is will be the coffee-and-newspaper spot in the morning sun, and someday there will be a rose garden out the window. Right now we'll only have the cows in the distance to watch, which isn't a bad thing at all. Anyway, the store offered some chairs on their website that interested me and I thought they'd been sold already but wanted to see what else I might find. My heart went pit-a-pat when I saw the chairs I liked were still available and we promptly snatched them up before another man who wanted them for his lounge could get them.

Here they are in their new home. They are a soft, buttery, Italian leather, made in Italy, stylish and VERY comfortable. They fit, the color works, and cost was less for the set than one chair new.


Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...