Sunday, December 23, 2012

Big Ol' Owl

I was coiling clay like crazy for a few days making this big owl for the yard. There's a spot at the top of the pole that held our old power line -- might be the perfect place to put this thing to scare the packrats! The war with them is ongoing. Of course this will have to survive a glaze application and firing before it can be put into service protecting us.




While walking last week we stumbled upon a vein of chocolate jasper that I've been hoping to find for the last five years. It was pretty well mined out years ago but we were able to collect a little material and I hope to cut a few stones from it. There are reds and chocolates, and I think the lighter stuff is pastelite.


Here is a pendent with a pretty piece of Kingman turquoise I recently made. I'm working on combining different metals which can be tricky. This is textured copper and brass with a patina of liver of sulfur that adds a bit of character.






Tractor

 What is it about tractors that is so exciting? Bob is giddy with excitement and the neighbors are begging to take selfies on it. But the wi...